A Marrakech Travel Excursion to the Ourika Valley for a one day Ourika Tour is a seemingly relaxing way to spend time outside the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. Marrakech is Morocco’s capital of tourism and one of the most exciting Imperial cities to explore within Morocco. Even so, everyone who visits Marrakech for more then a few days may want to consider a Marrakech Travel Excursion to a slower placed seaside port or Moroccan nature tour where you can hire a driver whisk you a way for the day and return you that evening to the red hamra city of Marrakech.
Take a day off from the city heat to travel southeast of Marrakech, Morocco and visit the Ourika Valley. The Ourika Valley has a small souk located near a picturesque spiritual Zaouia every Monday. Ourika also boasts local crafts and Berber carpet shopping options with prices that are much less then expensive Marrakech. Let your Travel Exploration Morocco driver lead the way to local shopping options or stay true to the trip and focus on Ourika’s natural surroundings.
The road to Ourika is filled with gardens, palm tree plantations and fruit trees and you will find tiny hamlets, summer homes plus cafes and restaurants. During your one day Ourika Valley Tour you can have a quiet picnic lunch near the Ourika River or in a local Moroccan traditional restaurant with a local Ourika cooking. Options are a Moroccan tajine, couscous, salads and much more.
After having lunch during a visit to the Ourika Valley one of the best places to continue your journey is to visit Setti Fatma, just a few kilometers from the heart of Ourika which has beautiful streams and waterfalls. Your hiking guide will take you to explore Setti Fatma’s valley’s green terraces, surrounded by Atlas peaks, rocky village foothills and seven waterfalls.
Travel Exploration Morocco offers several Marrakech travel excursions and one-day tours for Moroccan travelers. Here are the Best Marrakech Travel Excursions and one-day tours that we offer:
1. Ourika Valley Tour – A Morocco Travel Excursion to Ourika Berber Villages, have lunch and see the Setti Fatima Waterfalls and return to Marrakech.
2. Ouzoud Waterfalls Tour – A Morocco Travel Excursion to the Cascades D’Ouzoud Falls, lunch above the falls or within a Berber tent aside the falls, fresh squeezed orange juice made by locals, a hike around the falls, a swim in the freezing cold and refresh Ouzoud Waterfalls and visit the Berber Village that resides just above the majestic Ouzoud. Then return to Marrakech.
3. Essaouira Tour – A Morocco Travel Excursion to this sea side medieval town that boasts lovely white-washed and blue-shuttered houses, colonnades, thuya wood workshops, art galleries and mouthwatering seafood. Enjoy the day walking by the port and visiting Orson Wells Square. Relax by the Atlantic. Then return to Marrakech.
4. Agadir Tour – A Morocco Travel Excursion to the Agadir Port, a short visit to the Valley of Birds if time allows and a nice long lunch of freshly caught Moroccan seafood. Make sure to keep a lookout for the Argan goats that climb the trees during the spring, summer and fall season to suckle off the Argan nuts which are then turned into Argan Oil, Argan Butter and used to make Argan cosmetics by Berber women. Then, return to Marrakech.
5. Safi Tour – A Morocco Travel Excursion to Safi, the pottery capital or Morocco, where guests can enjoy a variety of pottery traditions, shop, have lunch by the sea and visit some of the unique Moroccan artist galleries who showcase their pottery and paintings. This is a laid back one-day excursion with roadside views to the quiet and less traveled town of Safi, pronounced “Asfi” by Moroccans. Then, return to Marrakech.
6. High Atlas Tichka Tour – A Morocco Travel Excursion to the Sahara city of Ouarzazate, also referred to as the “Door to the Sahara Desert.” Travel Ouarzazate’s Ancient Kasbahs, Ait Benhaddou, a UNESCO World Heritage site and tour Ouarzazate’s Kasbah Taourirt. Your next stop on this Ouarzazate Travel Excursion is to the Atlas film studios where Cleopatra, Bertolucci’s Sheltering Sky, Scorsese’sKundun, Gillies MacKannon’s Hideous Kinky, Ridley Scott’s Gladiator, Black Hawke Down, Oliver Stone’s Alexander The Great, Ridley Scott’s Kingdom of Heaven, and Penelope Cruz’s Sahara were all filmed. Then return to Marrakech.
7. High Atlas Toukbal Tour – A Morocco Travel Excursion to the Berber Village of Imlil, stopping at the Argan Cooperative where you get a personal tasting and be able to watch Argan oil and Argan nut butter made by Berber woman while you are served fresh bread for dipping and Moroccan Mint tea. Have lunch in Imllil and then take a 2-hour hike up Mount Toukbal with a guide. Then return to Marrakech.
For more information about Travel and Tours to Morocco plus highlights on Moroccan culture visit Morocco’s Imperial Cities, Seaside Resorts,Sahara Desert, Berber villages, A Taste of Morocco, Magical Kasbahs, Ruins & Waterfalls, Absolute Morocco, The Best of Marrakech, Fes, and Ouarzazate.
Marrakech Travel, Marrakech Travel Excursion, Marrakesh One Day Tour, Marrakech Excursion, Marrakech Tour, Marrakesh Tour, Ourika Valley Excursion, Ourika Valley Tour, Setti Fatima Excursion, Setti Fatima Tour, Ourzoud Waterfalls Excursion, Ouzoud Waterfalls Tour, Essaouira Excursion, Essaouria Tour, Agadir Excursion, Agadir Tour, Safi Excursion, Safi Tour, High Atlas Tichka Excursion, High Atlas Tichka Tour, High Atlas Toukbal Excursion, High Atlas Toukbal Tour, Morocco Travel, Tours to Morocco, Morocco Vacations, Morocco Holidays
Travel Exploration specializes in Morocco Travel. We provide Tours and travel opportunities to Morocco for the independent traveler and tailor-made tours for families and groups with a distinctly unique flavor. From Morocco’s Seven Imperial Cities, to the Magical Sahara Travel Exploration offers a captivating experience that will inspire you. At Travel Exploration we guarantee that you will discover the best of Morocco! Call Travel Exploration at 1 (800) 787-8806 or 1 (917)703-2078 and let’s book a tour to Morocco for you today