Things to do in Ouarzazate. The Top 10 Things to do in Ouarzazate, Morocco is a hotlist of activities and experiences that one can do alone, with their spouse or friends and family in the door to the Sahara Desert. The most popular activities on an Ouarzazate Tour typically included spending time visiting the Oasis of Fint, the many Kasbahs in the region such as Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, Kasbah Tifoultilte, Kasbah Taouirirt, Kasbah Telouet and Kasbah Telouet in the Tizzin’ Tichka Pass. A Sahara Tour from Ouarzazate to the region of Zagora where one can pass through the Draa Valley’s volcanic rock, the old road of Caravans, and have lunch with a Berber, Moroccan family is not to be missed. In Zagora or the M’hamid Sahara Desert, one can take a 4×4 tour by pise and explore the unique flora and fauna of Morocco’s Sahara region.
The top 10 activities in Ouarzazate are Visiting Kasbahs in Ouarzazate, Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Kasbah Taouirit, Kasbah Tifoultilte, Kasbah Telouet, the Oasis of Fint and have Tea With Azziz, the Atlas Film Studios, a Sahara journey, the Draa Valley region and have lunch with a Berber, Moroccan family, Valley of Nomads in the region of Bouthgrar, the Dades Valley and Todra Gorg and dine at Le Kasbah D’Sable, a work of art with the finest French- Moroccan food in Ouarzazate.
Top 10 Things To Do in Ouarzazate:
- Visit Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, a UNESCO World Heritage Site: This fortified Kasbah in the Souss-Massa-Draâ Valley is where Lawrence of Arabia was filmed. This giant fortification, which is made up of six kasbahs and nearly fifty ksours (individual kasbahs), is a great example of pisé clay architecture. Ait Benhaddou Kasbah and the Ouarzazate region should be top on your Morocco Travel list.
- Visit the Oasis of Fint and have Tea With Azziz: the Oasis of Fint that hovers under the Atlas Mountains where you can have a cup of tea with the headmasters family Azziz Ouaziz and tour the surrounding area where date palm oases and dramatic desert scenery are kings.
- Visit the Atlas Film Studios: the Atlas Film Studios studios are flanked by Holly-wood style Egyptian figures and cover 30,000 square meters of the desert. David Lean filmed Lawrence of Arabia at The Atlas Film Studios in the early 1960s. Since then many famous directors have followed in his footsteps to exploit the magnificent scenery. International blockbusters shot here in recent years include the French version of Cleopatra, Bertolucci’s Sheltering Sky, Scorsese’s Kundun, Gillies MacKinnon’s Hideous Kinky, Ridley Scott’s Gladiator, Black Hawke Down, Oliver Stone’s Alexander The Great, Ridley Scott’s Kingdom of Heaven, and Penelope Cruz’s Sahara.
- Visit Kasbah Taouirirt: set among a background of stunning mountain scenery and the Sahara Desert, the Kasbah Taourirt is one of the most beautiful Kasbahs in Morocco. In the past, it was a strategic location controlled by the Glaoui for the Saharan Caravan Route to West Africa. While Taourirt acted as the main Glaoui residence that housed the second tier of command, such as the dynasty’s sons, servants, cousins, builders, and craftsmen.
- Visit Kasbah Tifoultilte: the Kasbah of Tifoultoute is a kasbah in Ouarzazate Province, Morocco located 8 kilometers west of the city of Ouarzazate. This fortress belonged to the family of Thami El Glaoui, Pasha of Marrakech from 1912 to 1956.
- Take a Sahara journey for one day or a Sahara overnight 4×4 adventure to Zagora, M’hamid or Merzouga
- Visit the Draa Valley region and have lunch with a Berber, Moroccan family: Meet a local Berber family, sip tea in the Saghro Mountains, and dine on couscous. Then explore and tour the village on foot. Walk in the green fields and see how the traditional Berbers live with their gardens of herbs, livestock, and henna plants. After lunch, you can have your hands and feet painted with henna or your hair adorned with saffron by a local village artist and relax. Experience the tradition of Berber perfume made from musk and amber along with the village’s own spices.
- Head to the Valley of Nomads in the region of Bouthgrar and have tea with a Nomad family
- Visit the Dades Valley and Todra Gorge: the Boumalne Dades, at first sight, you notice the limestone cliffs with uniquely shaped erosions and superb scenery and the valley (windy roads). Driving along you will pass flower filled fields, riverbanks, and several fortified ksours. At the bottom of Gorge Boumlane of Dades of there are ruined hilltop kasbah and valley floor gardens. Protected by the mountains, Aït Youl is among the largest Glaoui that is worth a pitstop.
- Dine at Le Kasbah D’Sable, a work of art with the finest French- Moroccan food in Ouarzazate. Originally created by its prior French owner, Brigitte Babolat, this Moorish palace-like restaurant is filled with Moroccan style lounges and cozy nooks arranged around interior patio spaces. The centerpiece is a magical large shallow pool backed by a wall of jewel-colored lanterns, candlelit tables.
For more information about the Top 10 Things To Do in Ouarzazate and Ouarzazate Tours
For more information about Travel and Tours to Morocco plus highlights on Moroccan culture visit Morocco’s Imperial Cities, Seaside Resorts, Sahara Desert, Berber villages, A Taste of Morocco, Magical Kasbahs, Ruins & Waterfalls, Absolute Morocco, The Best of Marrakech, Fes, and Ouarzazate
Travel Exploration specializes in Morocco Travel.We provide Tours and travel opportunities to Morocco for the independent traveler and tailor-made tours for families and groups with a distinctly unique flavor. From Morocco’s Seven Imperial Cities, to the Magical Sahara Travel Exploration offers a captivating experience that will inspire you. At Travel Exploration we guarantee that you will discover the best of Morocco! Call Travel Exploration at 1 (800) 787-8806 or 1 (917)703-2078 and let’s book a tour to Morocco for you today.
Top 10 Reasons to Visit Ouarzazate, Imperial Cities Morocco, Ouarzazate Sahara Desert Tour, Morocco, Ouarzazate, Kasbah Ait Benhaddou, Oasis of Fint, Kasbah Taouirirt, Kasbah Tifoultilte, Kasbah Teloute, Atlas Film Studios, Ouarzazate Tours, Sahara Desert Adventure, Zagora Tour, M’hamid Sahara Desert Tour, Merzouga Sahara Desert Tour, Valley of Nomads, Bouthgrar, Dades Valley, Dades Gorge, Gorge of Todra, 4×4 Ouarzazate Adventure, Morocco Holidays, Morocco Travel, Travel Exploration, Travel to Morocco